Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hi all! The Mom here.


Jacey has been doing a beautiful job on here, but she needed a little break. And I wanted to show off the pictures I took with my NEW DIGITAL CAMERA. (Thanks Tim - I love it!)




Jacey and Seth and I went blueberry picking today. You have never seen the likes of these things. But I have proof. See the berries in Seth's hand? (I think those were the only three that he did not eat immediately after picking) Note their size. HUGE. The Blueberries That Ate NY!





We picked 6 pounds - not nearly enough - they are so good.

While we were picking, the "big boys" and Dad were expanding Zora's pasture again. Ian and Holden moved the "sludge" from the re-drilled well down the hill to fill in a low spot so she wouldn't stumble. And Dad and Ian cleared the fence line and ran new hot wire. She loves having all that room to run around in. (Her daddy WAS a race horse after all.)







We have been watching a second family of pheobes recently. (The first was in Missouri under the goat shelter.) These were on our porch light here. (The babies hatched more than a month later than their Missouri cousins.) Today they took flight. The one on the far right flew right at me just after I took this picture. See how he is looking at the camera? He knew what he was all about.





1 comment:

  1. So Cathy what camera do you have? Ya'll look like your adapting to New York life very well. I see your doing your school schedule, that might be something fun to show us in brief on your blog. Well I would enjoy it anyways ;-)

    Faith and Family

    ReplyDelete